Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adam's New Boyfriend

Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Seems Adam has found himself a proper boyfriend.

Simone and I double-dated with them last night. And yes, I know the term "double date" is likely to induce cringes on those who shun such terms, but I really don't know how else to put it.

I have no idea whether or not Adam has told his new boyfriend about his profession or not. Probably not. I sure didn't when I was seeing Brianna briefly, and Rebecca had kept it hidden from me as well, even though we were not longer dating at the time.

Needless to say, it was an eventful night.

Adam's new boyfriend, who will remain nameless until I'm sure he'll stick around, was eager to meet me -- mainly because Adam had mentioned me several times. To the point where he (the boyfriend) was worried that I was actually an ex-boyfriend instead of a platonic friend.

"You two would make a cute couple," Simone said. "No offense Julian, but I can easily see you going the other way."

"Thanks," I said, then kissed her on the neck. "Will most homos do that?"

"Wow," Adam's boyfriend said. "You and Adam are close. Most breeders don't use words like 'homo' so freely."

"Hey," Adam said, slapping his date's arm. "Just because they reproduce without the use of a surrogate doesn't mean they're breeders."

"Actually," Simone said, "that's exactly what it means."

We all agreed on that one. Seeing how Florida bans gay adoption for now, it's not as if Adam or his new love could entertain the idea of having children. Adam theorized escaping north to Canada, preferably Vancouver where it wasn't "cold as fuck" for nine months out of the year.

"It's a pretty city," I said. "Rebecca and I visited last summer." I immediately regretted bringing it up, especially when Simone kicked my chin with a a high-heel. Seems there's still no love lost between those two, even if clients are known to try someone new after a period of time.

Adam's date excused himself to the bathroom shortly after our meal, leaving us alone to talk about him behind his back. Adam was eager for the feedback, and Simone found his date to be perfectly charming. Tall, handsome, educated -- the usual things that make straight women so mad.

"Plus," Adam said, "he has one hell of a cock--"

"Hello, we're in public," I said. "And like you'd ever date someone less-than-stellar in that department? Size queen."

"You say it like it's a bad thing," Adam replied.

The night ended with Adam and his date getting into a cab, presumably to return to either of their apartments where they would fuck their brains out. Good for them. I just hope that the new boyfriend doesn't run screaming when Adam finally lets him know what he does for a living.

As for Simone and I, we parted ways after a cup of coffee. She had work, I had some more details to iron out in terms of another job interview. I don't know what the hell is going on, but things are starting to pick up in the jobs-that-don't-require-condoms department. I've got one this Thursday.

Stay tuned, kids. My bet is that by this spring, I'll be entering into a brave new world.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates