Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tensions

Sunday, August 30, 2009
It seems there’s some tension between Adam and Bailey.

This could be due to the fact that Adam -- who as I’ve mentioned before is gay -- drunkenly hit on Bailey at a gathering at my apartment. Bailey took it in stride, though after the party wrapped up and he stayed behind to help me clean up, he did reference Adam’s sexual advance.

“Julian, his hand was on my crotch.”

“I know,” I said. “But hey, a lot of people would consider that a compliment.”

“You and I have never been ‘most people’ and you know it.”

“True. Adam does drink a lot, come to think of it. And I suppose the fact that he considers bedding straight men as some sort of trophy prize doesn’t help matters either.”

Bailey chuckled. “If you tell me you boned him…”

That made me laugh, if for no other reason than the idea of having sex with Adam is downright comical. He and I have a brotherly relationship -- and unlike the novels of V.C. Andrews, sibling incest is not a pivotal point in the development of our relationship. Even funnier was the fact that Adam downright interrogated me one evening, asking if Bailey and I had ever been intimate in the past.

One would think having sex with women for a living would quell all curiosity about one’s sexual orientation, and yet…

“So, what’s new at work?” Bailey asked.

Ah, I thought. Nice segue way into the sex details.

“Nothing really,” I replied. “It’s not like every client is good fuck. Rebecca is still the best I ever had, but that makes sense, all things considered. I still can’t believe September is almost here. Once November gets here and all the snowbirds come back to Miami, I’ll really be working.”

As Bailey and I continued to clean up, he gingerly asked some more questions. Ever since coming out to him as a gigolo, he’s never really brought it up, but I suppose curiosity gets the best of everyone in the end. Funny how he prefaced his questions by saying he had no interest in entering the business himself. That’s fine by me, actually.

Bailey is better looking than I am, and just as smart and charming. The thought of competing with him for women is actually rather frightening.

“Speaking of Rebecca,” Bailey continued, “why wasn’t she here tonight?”

“Client,” I answered. “Last-minute booking, I think. I missed her, too.”

“Julian, what I’m about to say is going to hurt, but it needs to be said.”

“All right…?”

“Pining over Rebecca is bad news. I’m sorry, man, but she’s a whore -- as are you. How in God’s name could that ever work?”

Bailey’s logic was annoying in its truthfulness. “I appreciate the sentiment, but I’d rather not talk about it if that’s all right with you.”

He nodded. “I just want to look out for you, that’s all.”

“I know.”

“Oh, and Julian? I’ve been reading your blog. So, tell me this: How does fisting work, exactly?”

Now there was a topic I could talk about.
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates