Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sick on a Saturday Night

Saturday, December 5, 2009
For the first time in ages, I'm both under the weather and staying home on a Saturday night.

My afternoon bookings went fine, but when I came back to my apartment I felt the chills, sneezing and congestion settle in. As I'd already worked during the afternoon and early evening, this little bug didn't cost me any money.

Still, I wanted to go out and enjoy myself like a regular person. Instead, I'm on the sofa, laptop on my lap, hot tea resting on the coffee table, with the ITV crime drama Wire in the Blood playing on the television. Am I the only one who's utterly addicted to this show?

I often wonder what it would be like to be an actual detective. Far less gritty and engaging than how it's portrayed on television, I'm sure, but not without its rewards. Yet I can't help but think the fact that I'm a prostitute would somehow hinder my chances in this field...

But enough rambling -- I'll post this entry and give myself some much-needed rest. Once Wire in the Blood is complete, I think I'll switch over to Inspector Lynley. Come Tuesday, my copy of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo should arrive via Amazon.com.

All crime, all the time. I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates