Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Novel Idea

Thursday, October 1, 2009
Lately, I've been toying with the idea of turning my life as a post-grad gigolo into either a novel or a screenplay. Well, allow me to rephrase that -- I would be fictionalizing my experiences, hopefully making them even more entertaining.

While I'm adamant that not everyone involved in prostitution is either destitute, drug-addicted or a victim of sexual abuse, I realize that the industry itself could in fact make one's life rather... complicated.

I wrote a few script pages last night, centered on a young man named Gabriel who, like me, found himself having sex for a living after failing to get a proper job after graduating from college. Unlike me, Gabriel is based in New York City, a graduate of New York University, and even more successful than I am.

However, Gabriel's life isn't perfect. Taking a page out of Adam's book, Gabriel himself is gay, but finds himself sleeping with women to pay the rent. The real love of his life is a man who is unfortunately married. Trapped in the closet of his Wall Street firm, the prospect of coming out and divorcing his wife is impossible. After witnessing several of his friends get the axe when the Great Recession began, he'll keep up the his heterosexual facade for as long as necessary.

One night, Gabriel's lover is found dead, and the last number dialed wasn't his wife's.

So, there it is. I'll keep plugging away each night, hoping to turn it into something worthwhile. Oh, and to the one person who insists on e-mailing me, insisting my blog is a "fake" yet continuing to read it each week, I have only one question for you:

"Why do you keep reading it?"
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates