Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lunch

Sunday, July 26, 2009
Is there anything more innocent than a lunch date?

Though I normally prefer evening affairs, work can get in the way. Keeping that in mind, the girl I've been seeing offered to meet up in the afternoon. Not that I told her about my job -- far from it. She had a family gathering to attend, eliminating the possibility of a dinner / movie.

"Besides," she said, "meeting my family is a torture I don't want to subject you to. Well, at least not yet."

"I'm sure they're not that bad. Everyone thinks they come from a family full of circus performers."

"Well, to tell you the truth, I have an uncle that was actually in the circus."

She went on to tell the story, how her father's brother was always an amazing gymnast and always threatened to walk out and join the circus. One day, he did just that, and traveled with a crew for years and years. He's retired now, but still has a lot of memorabilia around his home.

"So you see, my family really is a bit different."

Continuing on with our meal, we spent most of the time rehashing our pasts, from high school traumas to our more pleasant time at college. When I said that college is God's way of apologizing for high school, she laughed -- loudly. Nothing like having a restaurant full of people staring at one's table.

We kissed before parting ways, just as another round of thunderstorms made its way into town. Nothing makes me hornier than rain, so I couldn't help but be a little disappointed that we didn't end up in a more intimate situation. Still, I can't wait -- it's not like I don't have a lot of sex in my life, but sometimes it's nice to have it without being paid.

You see, "Julian" is a creation that I use for work. Who I really am, well, that's another man entirely. And while "Julian" is quite happy, sometimes the real me needs some validation, too.
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates