Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Details Details

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
It seems there's been some interest in the post I wrote awhile back, titled The Other Woman.

I've decided her fake name will be Brianna. She and I met during Halloween, when I was dressed as the Phantom of the Opera and she was dressed as Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series.

We got to talking, and even snuck away for some more one-on-one conversation. Please understand I mean that literally -- we snuck away to the roof deck where we could actually hear each others' voices. No sex on the beach yet, folks.

I asked for her number and got it. A dinner date soon followed, as did a lunch date after that. It wasn't until we slept together that I really felt the desire to be with her on a more permanent and honest basis. I know that sounds ridiculous -- seeing how we've only known each other for a brief time -- but it's true.

While I know astrology is regarded as pseudoscience by some, I do believe in its basic tenants. I myself am a Cancer. Yep, a bleeding-heart, hopeless romantic who is supposed to shun casual sexual contact (ha!) in favor of more steady, monogamous relationships.

Well, astrology got one thing right, at least: I have a habit of falling in and out of love all too easily. Never with a client, but with women outside of work. I'd label this trait of mine as an occupational hazard, but seeing how it never occurs while on the job...

Once she'd completed her graduate degree, she'll be returning up north to look for a job. And after receiving word from my own interview that I'm still under consideration and that the power-that-be will be in touch with me as soon as possible, I think it's safe to say I'm good for a second interview.

Times are a changin', folks. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not really the one in-control of my life. In fact, sometimes I feel like I'm just along for the ride.
 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates